Friday, January 3, 2014

Lazy "Paleo" Chicken Soup!

My poor roomie/ bestie has the dreaded stomach Flu!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!

So because I <3 her so, and because I'm starving too, I'm making her homemade Paleo Chicken Soup!
Let me just tell you... I am not a fan of cooking... so we'll call this the "lazy chicken soup" & we'll throw it in one of the best inventions ever!  The Crockpot!  Thank you for that... umm who invented the crockpot anyways??  This guy did Irving Naxon... Well he invented the "slow cooker" since "crockpot" is trademarked.  Interesting indeed.

Any who, so I went to the grocery store.  And bought ingredients that I think might go in some soup, because I'm pretty sure I've made something similar to this before using a recipe, but let me remind you... this is the Lazy Chicken Soup lol!  So here we go!

What I bought! In approximation, and for your different tasty buds:

1 - Lb Thin Sliced Chicken (so it cooks faster)
3 - Cups Chicken Stock (making sure there's no pesky evil ingredients!  Check your labels :))
2 - Cups Butternut Squash (mine were in the freezer section, less cutting time lol)
2 - Cups Baby Carrots (I love me some carrots. Yum!)
1/2 - Onion diced (this I did cut myself)
2 - Celery stocks sliced
1/2 - Bottle of water (bout 8oz., not seen)

And can't forget the Spices!!!  Fresh is always better... but did I mention.. LAZY!

1 - Tbsp Minced Garlic (at least!  Love me some garlic!)
1 - Tbsp Basil
1 - tsp Pink Himalayan Salt (to taste)
1 - tsp Pepper (to taste)
And Lemon Juice!  Add right before serving!

Feel free to add more & other spices... This is all I had :(
Some other spices I would have used Thyme, Rosemary, Parsley, Bay Leaf


AND Throw it in the Slow Cooker!  Chicken First!  Mmm Looks good so far!
I would cook this till the chicken shreds apart with a fork & the veggies are soft... that's how you know its good N' done!
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment