Thursday, January 23, 2014

I'm a Raver, Bar Patron & a Candor... It's my Job & it's Awesome!

Yea... This blogging thing is hard to keep up with!
But it's for fun & since it's Thursday & I have the day off!! WooHoo!!  I'm gonna give you a little #TBT  :)

About a year & half ago I was struggling to find work... for us "struggling artists" that's an everyday occurance lol.  Keep in mind I gravitate to the entertainment industry so I'm always looking for work in that field.  So I see this posting on a casting site "looking for Ravers" for a Hit TV Show.  And since I have crazy colored hair... and I used to rave in my teen years.. shhhh!  I was like "Oh I can totally do this!"
I send in a headshot of myself & they called me back!  Yay!  They then inform me it's for the TV show CSI: Las Vegas!  Umm Awesome!  Here's a lil pic of me on set!!  Haha!! Aren't I colorful?!?


Let me just tell you though.  It was HOT out those 2 days!!  Like 110 in the middle of the desert!  So I'm kinda glad I wasn't covered up to much lol  Here are a couple pics my friends took from the TV screen shots!  Kinda blurry... which is what background actors are mostly... blurbs lol.




This was such a fun gig!  And after talking to a few other background actors I decided to sign up with a calling service, so they could book me on more shows.  But then.. dun dun dun (haha) my other job as Costume Designer for iLuminte picked up & I stopped doing background work.  Now, to present day!  I am working again & yesterday I was cast on CSI: Las vegas once again!  This time as a bar patron.  Not as fun as a raver, but still a fun day!  Here's a pic of me & another BG at Universal City Walk on our way to set :)  Yes, I do wear a wig for the majority of my gigs.  Get's me more work then my fun hair lol.


And there it is... my Throw Back Thursday #tbt.  Tomorrow I get to start work on the movie Divergent!  I'm a Candor!  Oooo can't wait!  It's gonna be so fun!!  Hope everyone else loves there job as much as I do!!

Bye for now! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment